Monday, November 16, 2015

Retrieving: Reading Level Chart

One of my original questions for inquiry involved looking at other leveling systems to see if any other systems were better than the Lexile system.  At this point, my reading on leveling in general has pretty much convinced me that it's not something I'm interested in doing.  While I have heard good things about the Fountas and Pinnell system, I have become convinced that leveling systems possibly are meant for curriculum, for classrooms, for reading groups--but not for the library.

However, as a point of reference in order to understand students' reading abilities, I did locate this chart as a helpful tool:




"Reading Level Chart."  Gaston County Schools.  http://www.gaston.k12.nc.us/cms/lib8/NC01911153/Centricity/Domain/64/ReadingLevelChart.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment